Nikon SB-800 Key Features
Multiple Flash Exposure Modes
- I-TTL Balanced Fill-Flash with Nikon D2 series
- D-TTL Balanced Fill-Flash with Nikon D1 series or D100
- TTL Auto Flash with many film SLR's, including the Nikon F5, F100, F80, F75, F65 and FM3A
- [AA] Auto Aperture Flash
- [A] Auto Aperture Flash with many film SLR's, including the Nikon F55 and FM10
- [M] Manual Flash
- Flash head tilts down to -7 degree or up to 90 degree
- Flash head rotates horizontally 180 degree to the left or 90 degree to the right
- Repeating flash for creating stroboscopic multiple-exposure effect
- Intelligent i-TTL system supports Advanced Wireless Lighting and versatile functions for up to 3 remote i-TTL speedlight groups controlled through a master SB-800 or with the "Commander" function of the D70 or the D200
Mixed Exposure Modes
- Individual flash mode settings ([TTL], [AA], [A] and [M]) are available for each of the four groups (including master controller) for easy total lighting control based on the brightness of the subject and not simply on general output ratios for each group
- Flash Value Lock allows photographers to change the composition or zoom for the shot while maintaining desired lighting of the subject
Distance Priority Manual Flash Mode
- User can set the distance and aperture, and the SB-800 automatically sets the power output, a great feature for manual flash [M] shooting at weddings and for product shots
- Allows modification of flash output to match background scene, especially useful for digital cameras where "white balance" can be controlled. Included are Tungsten and Fluorescent adjustment filters.
SD-800 Extra Battery Holder
- The included SD-800 makes it possible to add a fifth AA battery to the flash, thereby extending the capacity by about %20.
- Safety lock on flash shoe
- Large easily read illuminated LCD panel
- Adjustable standby mode can be varied from 40 to 300 seconds for conservation of battery power.